The Nurses Memorial Centre holds a number of events during the year, to which all members are cordially invited. Members of the public are encouraged to attend the Banka Island 75th Anniversary Service, ANZAC Commemorative Service, public lectures and fundraising events. Check the calendar for up-to-date information. In 2017, events will take place as follows:
- Banka Island 75th Anniversary Service – Thursday 16 February 2017
- Scholarship Presentation Evening – Thursday 2 March 2017
- ANZAC Commemorative Service – Sunday 23 April 2017
- ANZAC Day Luncheon – Tuesday 25 April 2017
- Wound Care CPD Lecture – Thursday 22 June 2017
- Delirium in the Elderly CPD Lecture – Thursday 6 July 2017
- Vivian Bullwinkel Annual Lecture – Thursday 24 August 2017
- Annual General Meeting* – Wednesday 27 September 2017
*Please note that the AGM is only open to voting members to attend.
We also support many other entities which are affiliated with nursing and nurses, such as the Melbourne Lemnos Gallipoli Memorial Committee, the Albert Coates’ Memorial Foundation, the Centaur Association and the Victorian Veterans’ Council.
The Nurses Memorial Centre supports other events which celebrate nurses and the nursing profession, especially their education, professional development and the history of the profession. Events of interest to nurses are also held by the ANMF, Universities’ Schools of Nursing, and history and heritage groups.