The Nurses Memorial Centre holds a number of events during the year, to which all members are cordially invited. Members of the public are encouraged to attend the ANZAC Commemorative Service, public lectures and fundraising events. Check the calendar for up-to-date information. In 2018, events will take place as follows:
- Scholarship Presentation Evening – Thursday 1 March 2018 6pm
- History & Heritage – Margaret Brown ‘The Australian Experience of the Scottish Hospitals WW1’ – Thursday 15 March 2018 5.30-7pm
- ANZAC Commemorative Service – Sunday 22 April 2018 2pm
- ANZAC Day Luncheon – Wednesday 25 April 2018
- History & Heritage – Arlene Bennett ‘The NMC from then until now’ – Thursday 14 June 2018 5.30-7pm
- Movie Day – ‘Singing To Survive’ by Lavinia Warner. Introduction by Diane Whitehead $10 donation – Sunday 12 August 2018 2pm
- History & Heritage – Sue Sherson ‘The Life and Times of Jean Henderson’ – Thursday 11 October 2018 5.30-7pm
- Christmas Market & Afternoon Tea – $25pp or $15 concession – Sunday 25 November 2018 2-5pm
We also support many other entities which are affiliated with nursing and nurses, such as the Melbourne Lemnos Gallipoli Memorial Committee, the Albert Coates’ Memorial Foundation, the Centaur Association and the Victorian Veterans’ Council.
The Nurses Memorial Centre supports other events which celebrate nurses and the nursing profession, especially their education, professional development and the history of the profession. Events of interest to nurses are also held by the ANMF, Universities’ Schools of Nursing, and history and heritage groups.